Welcome to my blog about Daily Life, DIY and Healthy Living.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Finding Balance and Order in your life

I knew I wanted to write today but I was not sure what my inspiration would be today.  I will start by saying that sometimes "cleaning" is my least favorite thing in the entire world and Larry and I have had many power struggles over the years about the way I clean and the way he cleans.  I know that I do really need my kitchen to be in order before I go to bed every night.  I know it helps me start my day off more peaceful.

I was on Oprah's website earlier and I love Super Soul Sunday.  It is my favorite TV show!  It is my church service every Sunday.  I love her guests and absolutely love the interviews.  I was reading about her guest from this past Sunday and thinking I need to get her book, Simple Abundance.  I went on her website to do some reading and I found this and laughed to myself just knowing it was a sign what to write about tonight.


On the Simple Abundance path, we begin to think of Order not as a strait-jacket of “shoulds” (make the bed, wash the dishes, take out the garbage) but as a shape—the foundation—for the beautiful new life you create every moment with small conscious actions.
So next time you put something back after taking it out, close a cupboard door after opening it, or hang a coat up instead of tossing it on a chair, realize what you’re really doing is creating a Personal Pattern for Peace.
--Sarah Ban Breathnach



As I go through my days not liking to clean I will remember that it is important for me to create this personal pattern for peace always.  I remind myself everyday that it is vital to live in the moment because I do not know how many moments are left in my life timeline. As weird as this may sound to some, I am not afraid to die.  I don't want to die because I know I have not completed my purpose here on this earth but I am completely at peace with death.  There is nothing to fear from death.  It is only the end stage of one's life but the true meaning should be measured while we are here on earth.  All of  us humans have a purpose and meaning while we are here living on earth.  Although not all of us investigate that purpose nor do 1/2 of us probably fullfill it we all start out with capabilities to have a great life and do great things for mankind.  I encourage everyone to examine their life and what they think their purpose is while we are here instead of thinking that the afterlife will be a better place.  All we know for sure is what is right now and right now we are all in the moment yet only some of us are aware.





No comments:

Post a Comment